Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm BACK. Chelsea 4/13/11

For the month of march, and the first half of April, I was working full time in a movie production office.  As a result, I did not go to Chelsea, or spend much time on my art.  However, this was a fantastic time of financial security, and it allowed me to really enjoy my free time.  But on my first day of being 24, I woke up and realized I don't want this life in a year, and that I want to reach my goal of being a successful artist in NYC by the time I'm 25.  So sure enough, I was let go from work on Wednesday.  It was mutual, and I immediately left the office to go straight to Chelsea.  What a rebirth!  It was a fantastic re-affirmation of why I'm here, and now I'm back and more confident than ever that this is where I need to be.  Plus, I picked up some great business skills and a dose of professionalism.  What I found:
Danese - Lynne Woods Turner
Untitled (9030), 2009
oil on linen
14 x 14 inches



Gallery Henoch - Robert C. Jackson, Pretty as a Picture,
Oil on Linen, 46" x 50"
Stricoff Fine Art Three British Painters Group Show - Catherine Mackey "Pier 28, #2"   52 x 48 Inches  

Dillon Gallery Nihonga: New Traditions (printmaking), Asami Yoshiga: Artesian Spring #2 (triptych)
43x126.5 inches (framed) mineral pigment and ink on silk
More from Dillon Gallery - Hiroshi Senju (same artist I saw at Scope!): Waterfall (Iguacu), 2008
110x168 inches mineral pigment on paper
Hasted Krautler The Japan Series, Andreas Gefeller
Untitled (Cherry Blossoms), Japan, 2010 (Detail)

No comments:

Post a Comment