Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New York Art Expo, March 26 2011

David and friends and I went to this show specifically to see his boss' work.  Some works stood out (especially his boss'), but the rest was more consumer-oriented.  The artists at this show were incredibly successful, so for me it was a fascinating window into the Marketable Art World.
Landscape II-77876(the number of circles) by Paul Lee with Cosmos Gallery.  I loved the composition and profound impact of so many perfect circles.  An effect similar to pixels.



Alex Fishgoyt oil painting.  (David's boss)  Incredible detail!
The light was so captivating and surreal
A thoughtful owl sculpture by Karen Olanna (For Stacey)

Ink painting by Yucel (for Alli)
Julie Satinover - I loved the richness of the colors! (For Alli)
I'm usually not a fan of opaque paint application, but the light and color made up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment