Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Secret Project Robot

First opening in New York City!!!
I went to Secret Project Robot for the show Hoarding Skin.  The artists in Seripop were really cool! 


The wall read "We're in it for the Shits and Giggles"
They screen printed every sheet of paper used to make up every inch of the walls, cloors, and columns.  Insane.

The opening felt like an opening in Austin, and the crowd had a familiar look.  But because it was my first week there, I didn't know anyone, and because I went alone, it was hard to talk to people without appearing creepy.  Luckily though I was hit on by a drunk elderly gentleman, and when Arden's tactic of ignoring him until he went away didn't work the second time around I was "saved" by a cool group of young people and got to talk to them for a while.  What an ice-breaker!  They were awesome too, and had actually just been to austin for SXSW!  After that, I also managed to meet someone I recognized from Hampshire who was starting up a gallery in the area.

All in all a fun introduction to the Brooklyn art scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment