Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Soapstone Gallery-Niagara Bar Location

Happened to be in East Village on April 29th when I got a text from Stacey about an art opening at the Niagara Bar-just a block away!  She introduced me to a couple people and Kathy, the first person I met actually went to Smith College, and she even knew my studio space-mate Wilson Kemp!  She volunteers for the organization, No Longer Empty which puts up art exhibits in temporarily empty storefronts and venues all around the city.

Then met Sarah Giarratana, who's intricate ink on watercolor drawings inspired me to no end.  And when we talked about our drawings, she totally knew where I was coming from!  She told me about a sketch-a-thon she does with some other artists-just what I need!  She introduced me to Michel McManus who curated the show with Soapstone Gallery.  He also liked my drawings, even though my tiny phone hardly does them justice.  He wanted me to e-mail them in, and when I get back from my residency in July that'll be one of the first things I do.

1 comment: